Friday 26 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our second Thanksgiving in England has passed. Even though we didn't share it with family back home, we had a great time with our friends at the Steinkellners' place. There was a ridiculous amount of food: turkey log, spiral ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet potatoes, pineapple, green bean casserole, biscuits, cranberries and appetizers galore. Did I mention there were only 6 of us that could actually eat the food? The babies just kind of looked at everything. :)

This was the first real time Colt and Nolan met. Nolan turned 3 months yesterday - he's about 2 and a half weeks older than Colt. They weren't that interested in each other. I'd have some cute pics to post, but I left the dang camera at the Steinkellners. After dinner, we played Dance Central on the Kinect...so freaking fun. Colt even fell asleep while watching Mom make an ass of herself with it. I told Bryce that if it soothes the baby to sleep, we HAVE to get it. ;)

Today, we woke up to a light dusting of snow. I really hope it stays that way, even though the weathermen have been saying we could get heavy snow this weekend. I'm such a weenie when it comes to winter driving - even more so now that we have a baby in the car! These tiny British roads are treacherous enough on a sunny day - forget about a snowy, icy night!

Thanksgiving is past, but I still give thanks for my life. It's not always the easiest right now, but I'm still very fortunate. I have my husband, who gives me strength when I don't have any. I have my health. I have wonderful friends, both near and far. I have an incredible family who has always supported me. I have a sweet and super fluffy kitty who loves me unconditionally. I was able to finish my Masters degree this year, something I wasn't so sure about last year. I have a warm house and plenty of food. Last but not least, I have a healthy, handsome baby boy, who can melt my heart with a single look. I am truly blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment